Tuomey Hall

Tuomey Hall is the second academic house for the Blount Scholars Program. The Blount library is located in this hall. While some seminars are taught here, it is the most quiet place to study.
Erected: 1888
Reconstructed: 2002
History: Named for noted professor and state geologist Michael Tuomey, Tuomey Hall originally housed the University of Alabama’s chemistry laboratories and offices for the Geological Survey.  From 1926 to 1999, it housed the University’s Army Reserve Officer Training Corps program.  The building was rededicated as an Academic House of the Blount Scholars Program.