The Blount Scholars Program was incredibly saddened to hear of the passing of one of our students, Max Guida. Max was an incredible member of our community and a great friend to many. Max loved to play his guitar and was a fixture at Blount Music Nights. Max was always the first to get there and last to leave. Blount will be holding a memorial service for Max in the near future.
A memorial celebration of Max’s life will be held via Zoom on Sunday, September 6th, from 2 to 4 pm. All are welcome. To attend, simply follow the link below.
Blount Student Organization Statement
Blount Student Organization mourns the loss of fellow Blountee and Friend, Max Guida. Max will be remembered by those who knew him as a guitar wizard in a brown cardigan. He embodied our Program in a way that makes his passing all the more difficult and his life something we should celebrate. A brilliant conversationalist, Max was not afraid to speak his mind. He was an avid reader and a skilled writer. Max loved snazzy music and a good laugh. More than this, he loved his friends. Our thoughts are with Max’s family and all those close to him during this time. Let’s put on a good jazz record in Max’s honor. Information regarding memorial forthcoming.
Also, Max was a passionate musician. Please take a moment to listen to just some of the recordings we have here as we remember Max.
If you would like to contribute to the Blount Memorial Book Fund, which will give copies of Confessions to all incoming Blount students in Max’s name, follow these instructions:
- Go to this link: (http://give.ua.edu/?d=ffe3fac4-df8f-4554-95d5-b567a21301a7)
- Wait up to 60 seconds for the fund to auto-populate to the Blount Advisory Fellows Fund in the “My Gift to Alabama” section
- Fill in amount you would like to give.
- Select Gift Type
- Select Gift Option
- Select “Anonymous” if desired
- Select “Make a tribute gift in honor/memory”, then select “In memory of”
- Tributee’s Full Name = Maxwell Harris Guida
- Ignore Tributee’s Contact Information (that’s for “In honor of” donations)
- Check “Notify additional individual of my gift” and put in whiting’s name with his email address (email@example.com) for the address lines.
A Living Memorial
At moments like these, we often lament the times that we will no longer have with the ones we love. Instead of focusing on what could have been, we want to celebrate the time we had with Max. We want to give friends of him and members of the Blount community a space to remember the time that we had with Max. Please feel free to share some of your favorite moments with Max and what truly made him such a great person and friend in the comments down below.